Thursday 5 May 2011

Been Rubbish at Blogging

Sorry all about the lack of blogging. Writing this before I feel Patrick is about to rightfully tell me off. particularly as we move towards the latter part of the programme I am learning more and more things about paradoxically that big stranger to me: my body. It is funny but for something we live 24hrs a day with, how little time, respect and listening we pay to our bodies.

Anyways, humbly learning loads and slowly but steadily enjoying the benefits of my new more functional leaner body. One that works for me and my daily activities and chosen spiritual development paths, rather that one that has me working for it, that becomes a burden and other than looking strong becomes a hindrance. It is an immensely ego liberating transformation. From the physique of my 20s which was all about impressing others, looking strong and serving the body, now the PCP body helps me pursue a path of freedom, rather than becoming enslaved to it. Yes, despite all the time devoted to preparing meals, and exercising it does not feel like a narcissistic enslaving effort, but one of simply nurturing that most important of possessions that we have. Is funny how some people will criticise or frown upon the time that PCPing consumes, yet they see the endless hours and money spent in looking after their cars as time well spent... The same ones who would not dare put normal gas in their Porsches but the special super expensive alternative pump that is super turbo high blah blah special super duper gas, will not think twice in what they put in their most essential means of locomotion: their bodies.

Either way too much of a random rant. Still going strong. Really enjoying these workouts but my legs are getting increasingly tired during the rope jumps in the morning. probably because they have not had a single day of rest and all the aikido workouts on top of PCP maybe becoming a bit too much. But I am really enjoying the added stability, coordination, and lightness that PCP is bringing, so is very difficult to resist the temptation of putting it all to work in extra aikido training. Still the much needed better physical condition brought over by PCP is allowing me to do 2 classes in a row without being too tired!!! and that is on top of the jumps and the PCP workout.

Still as I was saying legs feeling now really tight during the jumps and I am not doing anywhere near the same amount of jumps as I was doing when we were aiming for jumps not time, and in less time with about the same number of pauses&trips. So before I was doing like over 2,000 in 12 mins and now in 15 I am barely doing 1,000 and I am feeling a lot more tired throughout.

The only exercise I have found to be my absolute nemesis during PCP is surprisingly the bycicle...really struggling with that...everything else seems to be fine...

1 comment: