Sunday 29 May 2011

Loads of indulgences...BUT

So back from a week of bliss in the Maldives. I did consciously decided on the plane, that since is our last holiday without a screaming baby ever, and that the logistics of PCP diet compliance would be challenging I would play the diet by ear and indulgence BUT try at least to keep the excesses neutral from a calorie intake/consumption balance point of view. I somehow feel bad about this, but I decided that better to accept this from the beginning and try to build our holiday enjoyment around it. Getting the egg whites in a timely fashion and the weighed-in ingredients at regular intervals on a remote tropical island would not only have been the most expensive ongoing room service effort but also would have taken away from the enjoyment of a very special holiday. And not having missed a single workout or having breached the diet in the past during 82 days I know I can do it, so breaching it on day 83 or 91 I thought would be relatively immaterial. Wish I could have stuck to it but made the decision that would be best to proceed this way and that after the sesshin that starts today and runs for a week I will do 1 more week of high intensity PCP and then give joints and body a 1 week rest.
So the week of excesses (essentially 3 big meals a day, and an excessive intake of carbs) was not the end of the world, it was rob ably the only way to count act the punishing daily exercises regime. Not only did I do the PCP workouts religiously at super max intensity but the typical day also included 1 or 2 scuba dives, 1 hr of yoga, 1 hr of yogalatis, 1 hr aikido practice, plenty of stretching, additional core workout on Swiss ball and loads of
swimming and snorkelling. Sothe result despite not being good on the diet increased toning, strength and cardio condition. However the quality of definition and muscle separation would have undoubtedly increased if I had stuck to the diet. still I am amazed that I s able to keep this active...not so long ago I would have struggled to do 3mins of jumps let alone the rest of those activities. I can confidently say that being PCP fit makes holidays much more fun.
So I will now head off again, this time for sitting still for many hrs a day for 7 days in a row. I have however packed my bands and rope for the sesshin so during the 7 days I will keep active whenever I have a chance to escape sassy practice, and will aim upon my return to give PCP supersets week another and then take the "the finish line" picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment